Gluten-free. Meat-free. Cheese-free. I even made ours sugar-free. Sounds like there’s nothing in it but air, doesn’t it? Nothing but yummy deliciousness, that is!
Debi’s Confetti Salad
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled (your choice of white, basmati or brown)
- 1 can (16-oz) red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can (16-oz) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can (16-oz) corn (drained)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 small or half a large green or red pepper (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (if available)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp sugar (or your choice of sweetener)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander (optional)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Place first set of ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad in large bowl. Toss to coat. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This goes together really fast once the rice is made. And if you have leftover rice from a previous meal, so much the better (and faster!). This is an easy dish to play around with … add a can of garbanzos … chop up a cucumber … use different beans … add a little freshly squeezed lime juice. Maybe some diced avocado! Yum … I’m getting hungry again.
NOTE: Be sure to “Like” me on Facebook!
Other Posts of Interest:
- Beating the Breakfast Rush Hour
- What a Crock! Easy Tips for Crockery Cooking
- My Favorite Easter Recipe: Make-Ahead Chicken Packets
Browse My Books: